To address all these ways to tend to body and mind, BAiP has a variety of resources that you may download below.
Gathered from many of our panels, the resources here include:
- An overview of complementary and alternative medicine
- An introduction to mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR)
- How to manage pain
- How to cope with chronic pain such as meditation, relaxation, massage therapy
- A brochure on fall prevention (see also a video here and here)
- Information about arthritis exercise
On February 16, 2012, our panel “Improve your Health-A Mind, Body Spirit Workshop” was presented by doctors and fitness instructors from Mount Sinai's Martha Stewart Center for Living, led by Patricia Bloom, MD.
On November 18, 2010, BAiP presented “Don’t Let Pain Take Over: Strategies for Coping with Chronic Pain” featuring Dr. Carl Grey, a fellow in palliative medicine at Mt. Sinai Medical Center and JD Elder, BS, LMT, who coordinates the massage therapy program at Mount Sinai School of Medicine.